Cumulative Update 9 for Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 was released on June 16, 2015 and its now been a week without any mayor issues.
Altitude have installed it on a couple of our customers Exchange Online Hybrid servers and it seems stable.
The cumulative updates prior to CU7 was a mess so we now proceed with caution when installing new Cumulative Updates, especially if we are in the middle of a migration!
However, CU9 seems ok so we are now rolling it out on more of our customers.
The Exchange teams blog on CU9 can be found here http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2015/06/16/released-june-2015-exchange-cumulative-update-and-update-rollups.aspx
Issues that the cumulative update resolves
This update resolves security issues that are described in June 2015 security update for Exchange Server 2013 Service Pack 1 and Cumulative Update 8.
Additionally, this update resolves the issues that are described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
- KB 2983216 Category setting on an item in Outlook jumps the selection to the top of the list in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- KB 2988660 Role assignment with custom write scope fails in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- KB 3003978 Email messages are displayed with incorrect format in Outlook in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- KB 3006849 GSSAPI-based Kerberos authentication protocol is not offered to IMAP clients in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3009631 Advanced Find against the Sent Items folder in Outlook returns no result in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3032153 Recurring events in Calendar over DST are not adjusted on all ActiveSync devices in all Exchange Server environments
- KB 3040681 MapiExceptionTimeout error during a hierarchy synchronization process of multiple public folders in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3040683 System WLM overrides do not work when you do on-premises installations in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3049081 OwaDeepTestProbe probe fails intermittently on a server that installs the Mailbox server role in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3049771 Outlook Web App logon page takes longer time than expected to time out in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- KB 3050825 EdgeTransport.exe starts to crash when PriorityQueuingEnabled is set to “True” in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3050877 Emails that are sent as a secondary mailbox are not saved in the delegate’s Sent Items folder in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3055940 “Object reference not set to an instance” error when you install cumulative update in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3056045 “Cannot find Template User object” error when you find contacts that use a consumer domain in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3056133 Exchange Server 2013 Activation time of transport rule is not displayed in UTC time
- KB 3056413 SMTP connection fails when you log on with a child domain account and use NTLM authentication in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3056817 Update adds the Let me select the message option in Outlook Web App in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- KB 3056822 Dynamics CRM 2013 stops synchronizing items from mailbox in an Exchange Server 2013 environment
- KB 3060825 The MSExchangeDelivery service crashes when you receive an email message from a specific sender in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3064393 “Bad Command. 12” error and IMAP CAPABILITY commands are not offered in an Exchange Server 2013 co-existence environment
- KB 3068681 RPC encryption requirement is re-enabled for RPC Client Access Service after you upgrade server in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3069060 Recurring meetings are accepted when their time conflicts on the same room mailbox in Exchange Server 2013
- KB 3069501 Duplicate folders are created after a mailbox move in Exchange Server 2013 Enterprise
- KB 3071427 Outlook Web App still downloads web beacon contents when you forward email messages in Exchange Server 2013