The Office 2016 Deployment Tool allows the administrator to customize and manage Office 2016 Click-to-Run deployments. This tool will help adminstrators to manage installations sources, product/language combinations, and deployment configuration options for Office Click-to-Run.
The new Version 16.0.6612.6353 fixes the following
• Fixed an issue where Office 365 clients (2013 apps) produced an error when upgrading to the 2016 apps.
And here is the changelog for the last couple of updates
• Fixed an issue where Office installation files were intermittently failing to download
• Fixed an issue where source files held in the same folder where the ODT was executed from were ignored, forcing a download of source files from the Office CDN
• Fixed an issue where SourcePath is required when downloading Office 2016 builds directly from the Office CDN
• Enables users to download, configure and install Office 2016 builds
• Support for branches (see TechNet documentation for more information)